Faith and family : Dutch immigration and settlement in the United States, 1820-1920
New York :
Holmes & Meier,
|Series:||Ellis Island series.
|Subjects and Genres:|
|Online Access:||Book review (H-Net)|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Immigration Patterns
- Old Country Environment
- Delayed Transition from Folk to Labor Migration
- Anatomy of Migration
- Journey Across
- Religion and Immigration Behavior
- Social Factors in the 1857 Dutch Reformed Schism
- Dutch Jewish Immigration and Religious Life
- Religious Localism
- Chicago, Cleveland, and Rural Indiana
- Work and Politics
- Migration and Occupational Change
- Pella Dutch Voting in the First Lincoln Election
- Dutch International Migration Statistics, 1820-80.