Class matters : the strange career of an American delusion
"From the decks of the Mayflower straight through to Donald Trump's "American carnage," class has always played a role in American life. In this remarkable work, Steve Fraser twines our nation's past with his own family's history, deftly illustrating how class matters p...
New Haven :
Yale University Press,
|Subjects and Genres:|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction: The enigma of class in America
- East of Eden
- We the people in the city of brotherly love
- Wretched refuse
- There was a young cowboy : homeless on the range
- John Smith visits suburbia
- Free at last? : "I have a dream" and involuntary servitude
- Conclusion: The homeland.