The Tuscarora War : Indians, settlers, and the fight for the Carolina Colonies
"At dawn on September 22, 1711, more than 500 Tuscarora, Core, Neuse, Pamlico, Weetock, Machapunga, and Bear River Indian warriors swept down on the unsuspecting European settlers living along the Neuse and Pamlico Rivers of North Carolina. Over the following days, they destroyed hundreds of fa...
Chapel Hill :
The University of North Carolina Press,
|Subjects and Genres:|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction : the makings of a war
- Christopher de Graffenried : the dreamer
- King Hancock and Core Tom : the defenders
- William Brice : the fighter
- Col. John Barnwell : the opportunist
- Thomas Pollock : the destroyer
- King Tom Blount : the negotiator
- Col. James Moore : the soldier
- A note from the author