Against self-reliance : the arts of dependence in the early United States
University of Pennsylvania Press,
|Series:||Early American studies.
|Subjects and Genres:|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Machine generated contents note:
- pt. I
- ch. 1
- Imitatio Franklin, or the American Example
- ch. 2
- Phillis Wheatley's Dependent Harmonies
- pt. II
- EMULATION AND ETHICS
- ch. 3
- Reproducing David Rittenhouse
- ch. 4
- The Republican Girl and the Spirit of Emulation
- pt. III
- CRITIQUES AND AFFIRMATIONS
- ch. 5
- The Horrors of the Republican Machine
- ch. 6
- The Copyist Moby-Dick.