Martin Delany, Frederick Douglass, and the politics of representative identity
Chapel Hill :
University of North Carolina Press,
|Subjects and Genres:|
|Online Access:||Book review (H-Net)|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Western Tour for the North Star: Debating Black Elevation
- A Nation within a Nation: Debating Uncle Tom's Cabin and Black Emigration
- Slaves of Appetite: Temperate Revolutionism in Douglass's My Bondage and My Freedom
- Heap of Witness: The African American Presence in Stowe's Dred
- The Redemption of His Race: Creating Pan-African Community in Delany's Blake
- Epilogue: True Patriotism/True Stability.