To form a more perfect Union : the critical ideas of the Constitution
Published for the United States Capitol Historical Society by the University Press of Virginia,
|Series:||Perspectives on the American Revolut
|Subjects and Genres:|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Fundamental values, the founding fathers, and the Constitution / John M. Murrin
- The protection of property in the origins and development of the American Constitution / Jennifer Nedelsky
- The individualist foundations of American constitutionalism / J.R. Pole
- John Adams and the French critics of the Constitution / John P. Diggins
- The political philosophy of the Constitution / Edward J. Erler
- The discourse of politics in 1787 : the Constitution and its critics on individualism, community, and the state / Isaac Kramnick
- The Constitution and character : the missing critical principle? / Jean Yarbrough
- Facing up to the founding / Ralph Lerner
- Anarchy and the crisis of the union / Peter S. Onuf
- Ideas in conflict : political strategy and intellectual advantage in the federal convention / Calvin C. Jillson.